Looking for used filter/ stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tianna8999

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone willing to sell me an already cycled filter or stuff. I have two options after reading through this links, guides and advice from everyone.

I just realized I have an uncycled tank... yes I’m new. I thought having 0 on everything and normal PH was ok but ... sigh anyway my options are

1. Return the fish like today or tomorrow for their safety
2. Do water changes (a lot) (I started this yesterday) even though ammonia is at 0 I understand I need to it lowered the ph yesterday and a guppy died
3. Buy already cycled stuff and introduce that bacteria to my tank ( if you believe this will work for me because u have experience with this method after already having fish in... please inbox me and I’ll buy from you)

I WANT MY FISH TO LIVE AND IF I WONT BE ABLE TO DO THAT I WILL RETURN AND START ALL OVER ...

Water changes and prime can get you through a fish in cycle. Stay consistent with those and you will be ok. Do not try to manipulate ph.

I can send you some ceramic media. I'm tearing down a couple tanks. All types of extra stuff.. pm me.

Water changes and prime can get you through a fish in cycle. Stay consistent with those and you will be ok. Do not try to manipulate ph.

What if the cycle hasn’t even started or at lest I don’t think it has. Now that I learned about it (after I put fish in :/ ) I been having 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite btw if I have this test results should I keep doing water changes?

You can do a fish in cycle. Keep your ammonia between .25 to .50 ppm. Don't let it get above .50 ppm. You need ammonia in your tank for it to cycle. Seeding a tank with beneficial bacteria will help speed up this process. Brookster offered some media with BB which you are looking for.

What if the cycle hasn’t even started or at lest I don’t think it has. Now that I learned about it (after I put fish in :/ ) I been having 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite btw if I have this test results should I keep doing water changes?

Yes, it will take longer but it does not make you the worst person in the world. Keep with water changes, use prime, and pack it as full of plants as you can stand

A side benefit of plants is they might just have some beneficial bacteria on them. Stability can help, dr Tim’s can help, most important thing is patience and water changes

Brookster has clean tanks! His offer of media is a beautiful thing. He won’t do you wrong even if he is a patriots fan

You can do a fish in cycle. Keep your ammonia between .25 to .50 ppm. Don't let it get above .50 ppm. You need ammonia in your tank for it to cycle. Seeding a tank with beneficial bacteria will help speed up this process. Brookster offered some media with BB which you are looking for.

I have a quick question... I just got a power head I have 2 guppies and 2 Dwarf Gourami (which are fighting after today’s water change) can I leave it on or will it disturbs everything too much?

I would be careful with too much flow. Most gourami come from still swampy water. Guppies with their tails are not great with current. If they are playing in it, might be ok. Fighting it will lead to stress...

I would be careful with too much flow. Most gourami come from still swampy water. Guppies with their tails are not great with current. If they are playing in it, might be ok. Fighting it will lead to stress...

Okkay thank you

Back
Top Bottom