Looking to get another fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have a 25 gallon tank with a red cap oranda golfish and an otocinclus. I was thinking about getting another fish, but I wasn't sure if 25 gallons was sufficient room for another fish. Also what kind of fish would get along well with my red cap? thanks

You are overstocked as it is. Goldfish need to be figured at 3 gallons for every inch of adult fish which comes out to 30-36 gallons need to for just one and then and I have heard this being a debate but 10-20 gallon for each additional fish. Also Otos shouldn't be in with goldfish. Goldfish are cold water fish and Otos are a tropical warm water fish.

You are overstocked as it is. Goldfish need to be figured at 3 gallons for every inch of adult fish which comes out to 30-36 gallons need to for just one and then and I have heard this being a debate but 10-20 gallon for each additional fish. Also Otos shouldn't be in with goldfish. Goldfish are cold water fish and Otos are a tropical warm water fish.

+1 agreed. Also the goldfish may end up eating the oto, and oto's belong in groups.

Back
Top Bottom