Lost more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where did u buy ur fish? Might just not be a healthy bunch:( honestly I didn't used to be very picky about where I bought my fish until I started buying them from breeders n well established fish suppliers. What a difference it makes!!!! Lol don't get me wrong though I still have fish that I got a Walmart that I have had for years!:) but seriously the mortality rate from a lot of pet stores tends to be pretty high:(

Firstly I need to know if the tank is the 30 litre? Is it cycled? what filter is in the tank? what are you current levels, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate etc?

Just read your earlier post, you would be better to acclimatise longer especially with the likes of fragile fish, float the bag for 10 mins, then add a small amount of water and repeat every 15mins for an hour. It also sounds like an ammonia spike probably because the tank isn't cycled yet.

Last edited:
Yes 30L I'm trying to cycle it in not sure on filter was provided with the tank and the parameters are Ammo 0.25ppm nitric 0.25ppm nitrate 5ppm

It could be a poor batch of fish, though Neon Tetra are not the hardiest of fish so could have been the aclimatision was to quick which shocked them. Your levels given aren't to bad just keep up the water changes.
Neons are not a good fish for uncycled tanks, if you loose the rest you could try cardinals instead as they are slightly more forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom