Lost my gbr...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I walked past my tank and saw my female gbr belly up at the bottom of the tank... Her partner was just staring at her and it broke my heart. I have no idea what happend. Her gills were kind of black but that's all I could really tell. :(

sorry to hear that they are beautiful fish , been wanting a pair myself but their delicacy has kept me away , my two bolivian rams are pretty much bullet proof had them over a year now

Thanks, I got them almost a year ago. I went to get Bolivian Rama but they didn't have any. So I saw GBRs and thought there was no difference and got em.

yeah, he's new, but he is constantly hiding in the hollow tree stump so I can't get a good picture of him. He is REALLY pretty, though.....he is breathing heavy and won't eat right now, I am hoping this is just due to acclimation and it isn't a sickness......

Did either of you check water parameters just to make sure alls well there?
M really sorry to hear your loss and i agree that is the only downside to fishkeeping.

Alright, just went to petsmart and petco to see what they have and these are all the south Americans there, tell me if any would work. Red Texas, jack Dempsey, jewel, flower horn, or a birchiridi or something. Never seen it before

I'm the most interested in firemouths or convicts. If I were to get a 45 would I be able to keep my current stock and get either 2 convicts or 2 firemouths?

Back
Top Bottom