Lost Rasbora's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minotaur

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I left my office Fri evening, all of the fish were doing great. I came in this morning and found that three (3) of my Rasbora's were gone ( I had six). (I only found one body)

All of the water stats are good, with Nitrates at 10 ppm. All of the fish look good, including the remaining Rasbora's. I had recently added some Rainbows, but other than that tank conditions are unchanged.

Any ideas why I would lose half my Rasbora's over a weekend? Is there anything else I should be testing for?

How big were the rasboras and how big are the rainbows? :grin:

I'd assume something ate the rasboras if no bodies were found. . . but from your sig 'stock listing, I don't see any suspects, really.

The rasboras are about 1" each and the rainbows 2". They dont seem to bother each other at all, in fact, all of the fish pretty much ignore the Rasboras.

I found one of them right away, and i found another one (what's left of it anyway) a little while ago, and I still have not seen the third. If the other one jumped out, I can't find it.

What is strange is that there is no hint of any problems. The remaining three are doing fine...but then again...the others were doing OK when I left Friday.

I started this tank Jan 10 of this year...and added the Rasbora's on Jan 20

Lost another one today...The body was in good condition...no problems or signs of trouble in the tank...I guess it was just there time...

Back
Top Bottom