Loud filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deepblue02

Aquarium Advice Regular
My fish tank is in my bedroom and the filter intake pump thing makes a lot of noise, is there any way to stop this from happening?

What brand of filter is it and how long have you had the filter? Some need time to get broken in. It could be a number of problems though. Check to see if the intake tube is securely in place. Check the impeller, if it has one, it may be clogged.

If it can't be fixed and u want to replace it u could buy a marine land penguin filter those are generally silent

I would go with aqua clear very easy and cheap to run no filter replacement every couple weeks. It has a similar setup to a canister filter as far a media goes

What kind of filter is it? Canister or HOB? If its a canist er you might need a tuneup (Impellar, Impellar shaft, Impellar cover, etc.). My fluval made a bunch of noise and it ended up the shaft cracked and was shaking around ultimately hindering the flow and effectiveness of the filter.
Bought a tuneup kit and it's practically silent now. I also have my filter positioned on top of a towel folded up to absorb the vibration a bit. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom