Love my platys and catfish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

byrde55

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Lost power for over nine days due to hurricane Sandy...No filtration or heat for my 29 gallon tank for over 9 days. I dropped fireplace heated water bottles for the first 5 days. Barely kept the water temp at 71. I got desperate on day six and added warmed water directly to the tank just to keep the water temp up... Long story short, after nine days I saved my 3 platies and 4 catfish...Unfortunately lost 4 tetras. But I have to admire the surviving fish. It became a full time job but well worth all the work. Ten years ago my first fish were platies and I will always find a warm spot for these fish.

I'm sorry for your lost fish, but congrats on the survivors! I hope you didn't suffer any losses due to the storm. My heart goes out to all of the Sandy victims... So very sad...

Great job! Sorry for the losses though. We only lost power for a couple days and I was able to add warmer water to keep the temp up too. But 9 days is super human ;)

Let's hope we are done with big storms for the winter.

Back
Top Bottom