Low Alkalinity... Need some guidance please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biosfear

Aquarium Advice Regular
My alkalinity is pretty low, about 5ppm. Should I try to bring it up a bit? Everyone is healthy.

NitrAtes - 5ppm
NitrItes - 0ppm
PH - 7.0

Any suggestions or recommendations? I've only really ever worried about my nitrates and PH. A search of the forums didn't turn up any useful info, I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I didn't find it.

Thanks doooods!

If it's not bothering anyone, I wouldn't worry about it. It will be extra important to keep up on your water changes so that your tank doesn't pH crash.

If you keep worrying about it, you can consider putting some crushed shells in your filter/substrate. They'll slowly bring up your KH.

Some hardcore plant people pay lots of money to make their water like yours. I for one am a bit jealous.

aqua_chem said:
If it's not bothering anyone, I wouldn't worry about it. It will be extra important to keep up on your water changes so that your tank doesn't pH crash.

If you keep worrying about it, you can consider putting some crushed shells in your filter/substrate. They'll slowly bring up your KH.

Some hardcore plant people pay lots of money to make their water like yours. I for one am a bit jealous.

Thanks for the insight.

Back
Top Bottom