Low ph, snails and betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fin35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a betta in a planted 10 gallon with nerite snails. My water ph is low 6.6 and I did a water change 2 days ago. I have driftwood with plants, how can I raise the Ph safely? One of my snails shell is soft on part of it So I need to stop any further issues. I’ve had her for 1.5 years . I bought a cuttlebone to add calcium will this also help raise PH? I have peppermint tums but I’m worried that the peppermint flavor is harmful? The snails won’t eat the tums it’s just to add calcium and raise ph. I don’t think the betta minds a low PH but I want it to be at least 7 for the snails! Also I’m worried about making any drastic changes but the cuttlebone should work slowly?

Coral for freshwater tank? Not sure my betta will like that or my plants, I have a bubble filter

Crushed coral in a media bag put in filter for increasing pH is fine for a freshwater aquarium. Its just a source of calcium carbonate to dissolve in the water. Use cuttlefish bone if you dont want to use crushed coral.

Back
Top Bottom