Lucky Ghost Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found this swimming in a tank that I thought I was doing a fishless cycle in. I add water from my established tanks occasionally and always try to thoroughly check the water for any ghosties that got sucked up but found this guy that has living in the tank for at least 4 days. He is getting ready to be added to a happier tank as i'm typing this. I'm really surprised he could survive daily dosings of ammonia and the ridiculous levels of nitrates that are in the tank right now.

luckyshrimp2.jpg

I love my ghost shrimp! I just got a few more and one of them is huge! He's way bigger than my neon tetras!

He must be one strong shrimp to have survived that's for sure!

yup and he's going straight into my guppy tank where he can happily breed with other ghost shrimp and make more strong shrimplets

ghosties seem to survive through anything!
I've got like 4 that refuse to die! I'm not trying to kill them or anything, but they live in my QT so they have lived through a lot of different medicines, poor water quality from forgetting that I had anything in them when I remove sick fish, heaters breaking, temps too high, etc. I bought them to keep the QT cycled when nobody was in it, and they are doing their job well!

I have 4 monster ghost shrimp who are all over 2 years old, and almost 2 inches long. They eat any new ghost shrimp I put in. They perch themselves in the high ares of the tank like little kings.

Back
Top Bottom