Lucky Tank residents...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I recently introduced a common pleco into my 45 gallon tank with my two 4-5 inch oscars. Unfortunately I have to keep them there while I frantocally search for a new home for these guys... which if any of you are near the Gainesville Florida region and wish to sell a 100+ tank, pm me :D - But anyway after the first night of having my pleco in the tank, I woke up to go feed them. Well my jaw dropped as I saw the thermometer snapped in half and barely hanging on, dangling in front of me. Of course I freaked out... getting ready to haul a$$ to get everyone out but then I realized something... I saw no mercury leaving the scene. On closer inspection I foudn the VERY thin piece of glass holding the mercury was the only thing not broken. I VERY carefully removed it completely baffled as to how it did not break!? So anyway... thought I would share how my fish almost pulled a kamikaze in their own tank!

Back
Top Bottom