Mae longfin Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikid88

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently took my Pearl gourami out of the 20g long, and back into the 90g.

Leaving my 20g kind of, meh, empty. I was wondering if a Male Betta would do well with a few glass catfish?

There is plenty of caves and hideouts for each to have their own. The Pearl never cared for the catfish. There's also 1 small platy (not long fin) and 8 neon tetras and 5 kuhli loaches.

Have a backup plan, like a 10 gallon tank for the betta alone, if your proposed community doesn't work out. Many male bettas do not do well with tankmates.

For sure, I'm not worried about that, I have another place to put him. Just wondering if anyone has tried this combination before? I know the catfish won't bother with him, and I'm hoping the lack of colour will deter the betta from attacking. It's the back fin I'm worried about, if it catches the bettas eye.

You really never know until you try. To me, it's not worth it. To you, it might be.

It all depends on the personality of the betta. And even if they seem mellow alone, that could very well change when placed with other species.

Back
Top Bottom