Magic Aquarium Ball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know anything about it but the name makes me laugh.
I can just see it.
"Hey man my fished haven't died in 3 yrs"
"Whats your secret?"
"A magic aquarium ball"

you know i was looking at the ingreidients:
plaster of paris - to keep it together
quartz - magic shiny-ness?
perlite - uh...
methylene blue - this must be the actual active ingriedient?
i know that a magazine about 10 years ago told people you could put itmeth blue) in someones pepsi and they would be blue for a week. they got in troubl it was hilarious

Ingredients:
Plaster of paris - Calcium sulfate- this would raise the hardness of the water without affecting pH.
quartz - Inert AFAIK. Maybe the crystals help channel positive energy into the fishies? :lol:
perlite - This is the white stuff you find in potting soil mixes. Also inert, AFAIK.
methylene blue - People put this in breeder tanks to protect fish eggs from fungus. It's the active ingredient in BettaMax. I've also seen it used by people who transport fish to/from fish shows. I'm not sure what effect long term exposure would have on fish.

Bottom line: Interesting product, but I think frequent water changes are the best way to "maintain proper pH balance, better fish health, better resistance to disease and clearer water". :wink:

Methylene blue is also used often in the treatment of ich.

Plaster of paris is the same thing they use to hold vacation feeding blocks together.

This is hilarious - but I might have bought it when I was new to the hobby and the control of water conditions was a huge mystery anyway, lol!

oh i know they must sell tons of em.

to the guys - well i wasnt suggesting anyone use it in place of real maintenance :roll:

i just thought it was funny

I am going to order a dozen or so....I love them..they ae just so 60's kitschy, right down to the font on the packaging. 2-3 are going in my collection, and the rest are going to be gifted to some aquarists I know that will also appreciate them.

Back
Top Bottom