Magnets safe for use in a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben K

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was thinking of using magnets to hold a backdrop up against the inside of my aquarium. Was wodnering if they would harm the fish or tank in an way? Was thinking of using 1/2" dia Neodymium magnets.

there are better ways to hold a back drop but they should be fine. they make mag floats thats just 2 magnets used to clean the glass.

Yeah, know that, but those magnets don't stay inside the tank permently and they have a plastic housing around them even if they do stay in.

i keep mine in there at all times. been that way for a couple years. what kind of background is it? like i said if you are really worried there are better ways to do it. have you thought of velcro?

Not understand how oil will help.

And the background is going to be a moss wall, using plastic chicken wire. Java moss being traped between the two pieces of chicken wire.

prob the same as me lol missed the inside. thats why i asked what kind of background. use suction cups. you could also use fishline. use rocks to hold the bottom down and fishline over the top and down to hold the top. you can also make the wall out of a harder plastic like egg creat there it holds its self in place.

I've been playing around with suction cups. I think it will be easier with this plastic chicken wire the it was with window screening, will just require a bit of twist tying the suction cups in place.

Back
Top Bottom