Major cleanup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, today I spent all day on 2 tanks, my 55G and my 75G. On my 55G, I did my pwc and removed the 2nd Emperor 400 for it's major cleaning. Well, I wasn't paying much attention and saw the biowheels were not in their slots. I didn't think anything of it. I took the biowheels out and floated them in the tank, and took the 400 to the sink, and started removing the filter cartridges when I heard a strange noise. Something was splashing in my filter. So I emptied some of the water and there was one of my 13" fire eels, lol. No wonder I've been seeing some scarring on his nose and part of his tail, lol. Was from going through the biowheels, lol. He is one strange character. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to keep him out of the filter, lol.

Then I cleaned out my 75G. Not sure why I did it, since I'm thinking of redoing it, but I did. I trimmed off all the bad sword leaves, and then decided to cut off all the stems next to the roots, as I've just been pinching them off at the leaf. So I got all that done, removed a ton of anacharis and foxtail, trimmed down the jungle vals, and more. Now it looks empty, lol. Got huge open areas and then semi-thick areas, lol. Now I really need to redo the tank, lol.

I also did some cleaning on my 29G, and removed a lot of wisteria as well. The stuff just grows so fast. I'm hoping my new powered reactor will be better than the glass diffuser going to the filter intake. As for CO2 levels, I actually had to turn the bubble rate down, lol. It's a great little system for a DIY, and would also work for the little 10G tanks as well. Creates a nice cyclone in the viewtainer, and not a lot of current out into the tank. But it would be nice if it could be hidden, lol.

ya i am suprised lone wolf u are normally heavy on the pics. i want to see what it looks like now. i alos want to talk to u about your co2 diffuser... i will have to shoot u a pm later.

Ok, you got me, LOL....

Here's some pics of my now, very awful tank, LOL.

75g466.jpg

75g467.jpg

75g468.jpg

75g469.jpg

75g470.jpg

75g471.jpg

As you can see, some of my GBR's are still surfacing. I also lost a couple of them as well. Today I found a female dead. I also have 2 serpae's left. Not sure what is going on.....

Back
Top Bottom