Major Mess!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket2001

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello All,
Its been a while since I've been on AA..I got a new job back in Jan. and it keeps me pretty busy. but I had to tell this story.
As some regulars may know my previous posts i rescued a Red Oscar from my brother in law and I also got a 90gal tank of the Barter/Trade thread for an old TV and a few bottles of Liquor....
Well I got the 90gal set up and moved the Oscar into it and then I took the 55gal he was in and I moved my 29gal community tank into that. then I got some industrial shelving units that hold 1500lbs per shelf and I stacked the two tanks on top of each other (I was cool..check out my gallery for pics)
Anyway..this Oscar is rather aggressive and he is constantly attacking his own reflection.. one day last week he whacked a small clay flower pot (I had as decoration in his tank) with his tail and he cracked the back panel of glass. The crack spread quickly from one end of the tank to the other and the 90 gals proceed to spill out onto my hardwood floors and into the heating vent and raining down ito my basement.
I had to scramble to empty the rest of the tank and get the Oscar into an extra 55gal tank i had. I found a guy who had a 120gal tank he was looking to unload so i gave him $45 and got the tank and stand back to my house and have just finished setting it up.
The Oscar seems quite happy with all the new room to swim...he went from a 55gal tank to a 120gal with a brief stop in a 90gal..all in less than 4months. Keep an eye out I'll be posting new pics sometime soon.

Tank buster!!! Yep the Oscar is one of them! I havnt heard the story from a person, just a book.. Good luck with that one! (y)

Hmmm....

So, if I trash my 1BR apartment, my landlord will let me move into a 2BR apartment for the same rent? :twisted: :lol:
Gosh, I wish I were a fish!

You have a very intelligent oscar there, Rocket! :D

What a great story!

I hope that new tank has thick glass. I think QTOFFER is right...your oscar may have a nice rambler or split level in mind.

Frenchpea2002..this oscar is about 10 in you can see his pictues in "My Gallery"..I am puting some finishing touches on the tank..as soon as i do i'll post more pictures

By the way..if you saw the pics of the 90gal..I have now since replaced the clay pots with plastic "clay" pots

Back
Top Bottom