Making Progress towards happiness =o)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tonight I went to the fish store and I purchased 5 Odessa Barbs (3 male and 2 female) and a panda cory cat. I am very excited about the barbs, once they become less stressed they will turn a GORGEOUS red, and my tank really needs more color

As for plants- I bought two bunches (about 10 leaves total) of corkscrews, Baby Tears which Im going to attempt to make into a carpet of sorts (or the beginnings of carpets), and a species of Rotala (it looks like this

After moving some plants and planting others, I am becoming more and more satisfied with my tank. I put aside some rocks and I might make either PVC caves or a rock formation... but once my water looks clearer (I stirred up some substrate while planting) I will take some pictures for everyone to see

Thanks everyone for your imputs on my other thread. Ive made some really good changes and at the moment and im very pleased =o)

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1009
there you go frog girl

Oh, I should mention... apparently at the lfs I went to, I was dubbed the "crazy odessa barb lady"
cuz ive called 3 times this week about em
Once to see if they had em (they didn't said to call on Tues), called on Tuesday... then called today to make sure they still had em before I drove out there

I already have a name and tonight was the first time I went in

The title of your post sounds so like a Zen thing but I get it watching fish do there thing is sooo relaxing.

i know how you feel.....just conquered illness in my tank, and it's so nice to look in there and see everybody swimming peacefully and with color again. i love pandas....i hope you have friends for him in there, as they are so social. :)

hi liquid,

I know the feeling of FINALLY getting fish you've been looking for. at the moment, I do the same with dario dario, calling the lfs once or twice a week and trying every darn contact I have to get them... since the first bunch I got turned out to be all males!

but hey, actually I've heard that odessa barbs are cold water fish. At which temperature do you keep'em? (please in °C as I have no clue about how warm 1°F is...)

regards,
silvia

Hi liquid,

your fall in love all over again. If you can get 2-4 more pandas, they are very social and feel best when they have friends. :D

Back
Top Bottom