Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
Making your dwarf puffer's day...

Meet Squeaker:

Squeaker was chosen to get rid of the snail problem.

Squeaker loves his snails...Squeaker doesn't bother any of the other fish.

Squeaker eats all his tiny snails from school.

Squeaker goes on a rampage making all female and male betta fins a straight edge square look.

Squeaker gets caught in the act

Squeaker gets new snails... Squeaker doesn't attack anyone anymore and is constantly poking at the snails.

I guess I made Squeaker's day lol. I had to get more from school and I'm off this week for April vacation, thank god for field trips at school otherwise I would've had to buy him those biiiiiiiig snails at petsmart @__@

Old 04-18-2006, 08:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
how long has he been in the tank? i tried this around 2 years ago, and the dwarf puffers like.. messed up my tank. a little later i got them their own 5 gallon with a few otos.

at the time i had a couple guppies and cories, but it took a couple days for it to start getting agressive.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
He's been in the tankkk.......ummmmmmm...... like 2-3 months at least
Old 04-18-2006, 08:26 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have had my DP in a tank with some german blue rams...a spawning pair at that, for 3-4 months now. they have spawned 3 times in a month, it is a 10 gallon...BTW between the rams and the puffer, snails dont last but about 15 seconds after hitting the water
Old 04-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Though now that he figured out he can do it, he's doing it every now and then if he's too LAZY to find snails. Either that or he's defending his 'territory'

Tags
dwarf, dwarf puffer, puffer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com