Male and female betta together?Nonsense

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyAquatail109

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ugh,since I didn't know much about bettas,I bought a pair(pretty dumb)and put them in the tank together to breed them.Oops!after I learned they are not compatible,I need your advice.(My petstore told me they can be together)Should I seperate them with a divider?I can't return them to the petstore.(no return because I kept them for a long time.)I really want to keep both of them,and perhaps breed them in the future.Can bettas be kept in bowls?

A divider can work just fine. I keep two males in a divided 10 gallon tank. And as long as it is kept warm somehow (in a warm room or with a small heater if the bowl is large enough) and you keep up with water changes, a large bowl is fine for a betta. I wouldn't use one smaller than a 1.5 gallon bowl long term though. Just change the water a few times a week.

What size tank? i'd say divider......would make it easier to breed since you do not have to acclimate as it would be same water....and it will probably save money if you don;t have the stuff for another tank/bowl

Back
Top Bottom