Male Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alo96

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I'm new to this and I was just wondering if I can put a male betta in my tank that currently has 2 silver dollars, 1 rainbow shark, 1 bala shark, 2 gouramis, 5 neon tetras, 2 tiger barbs, 1 parrot fish and 1 pleco

Thank you!

Alo96 said:
Hi, I'm new to this and I was just wondering if I can put a male betta in my tank that currently has 2 silver dollars, 1 rainbow shark, 1 bala shark, 2 gouramis, 5 neon tetras, 2 tiger barbs, 1 parrot fish and 1 pleco

Thank you!

What size tank? That stock would kill a betta and needs a 150 gal tank.

Your fish will not be happy for one, it will also stress them out severely and that causes death. Prolly a lot more I just don't know or can't think of.

We saw the Bala Sharks a few weeks back they are gorgeous but we were told our 20 gal tank is way too small even if she was the only one in the tank. Those suckers get huge.

Calypso77 said:
Your fish will not be happy for one, it will also stress them out severely and that causes death. Prolly a lot more I just don't know or can't think of.

We saw the Bala Sharks a few weeks back they are gorgeous but we were told our 20 gal tank is way too small even if she was the only one in the tank. Those suckers get huge.

Thank you! I will try to get a bigger tank

Oh ya like for that many fish I wouldn't go anything smaller then 150 gal. What were your last test readings?

Alo96 said:
Hi, I'm new to this and I was just wondering if I can put a male betta in my tank that currently has 2 silver dollars-6+ in, 1 rainbow shark6-7 in A, 1 bala shark12-14 in, 2 gouarmis 2-12 in A, 5 neon tetras 1 in, 2 tiger barbs 2 in A, 1 parrot fish 5-6 in A(depends), and 1 pleco 24 in can be aggressive

Thank you!

I wrote how big the fish get next to each and if they are aggressive. A stands for aggressive

Ya I have a Redtail Shark and wouldn't put a 2nd Aggressive fish in with him.

Thank you! I don't have a water tester so I don't know if it has cycled. I will try to get one but its very difficult in the country where I live lol

Thank you! I don't have a water tester so I don't know if it has cycled. I will try to get one but its very difficult in the country where I live lol

I hear you there, I live in the country and don't drive. Makes I very hard.

Back
Top Bottom