Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-16-2021, 05:34 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Male Betta with 3 male guppies in a 55 gallon?

Hi Guys

I have a 55 gallon tank with clown Loach, corydoras, rummy nose tetras, cardinals, 3 male guppies & a bristelnose pleco. I really wanted to add a male betta? Would it work with 3 male guppies? Thereís a lot of tall plants in the tank with lots of hiding places/ornaments as well.

Many thanks

Mac

Old 09-16-2021, 05:41 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Guppies and bettas are generally considered not a good match. On the other hand you have a big enough tank that it may work. If you go ahead, just have a plan in case it goes wrong.

Edit: Your clown loach will outgrow your tank, and will do better if it has more of its own species.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:23 AM   #3

Thanks for the advise, and yes sorry I meant to say I have 5 juvenile clown Loach. The longterm plan is to upgrade to a 6ft tank in the next year or so. Iím not sure whether to risk the Betta with the guppies then, I may just hold out for a while until thereís no guppies left to be safe
Old 09-16-2021, 06:26 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

As long as you are planning for the clown loaches to grow, that's great. They are slow growing so you have time.

Chances are your tank is big enough to accomodate a betta and guppies, but no-one can say for sure.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:30 AM   #5

Yea true ok I’ll have a think. Cheers again

Tags
5 gallon, 55 gallon, betta, gallon, guppie, guppies, male

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com