Male Bolivian Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlrust1816

Aquarium Advice Regular
First of all I have a 20 gallon tank with 2 Bolivian Rams, 2 Honey Gouramis, 3 Corys, and 3 Ghost Shrimp

The two Bolivian Rams I have are unfortunately both males. The do show some aggression towards each other but I have heard that they wont hurt each other just act territorial towards one another.

The thing that suprised me was that the smaller of the two is the one who seems to be more dominant, I say this because the smaller one is far more active and patrols the whole front portion of the tank, limiting the bigger Ram from the more open areas in front. So he ends up spending most of its time in back sitting still

It also appears that the bigger Ram isn't getting as much food.

Is this a thing where the bigger Ram will build some confidence and end up getting a better territory then the smaller Ram

No, if they both are males and behave the way you described they most certainly won't be changing that again. If your bigger ram is not getting much food etc, you should consider bringing him back and exchanging him for a female. I know they don't have to be really agressive, but a 20gal is not much space to stay away from each other.

Back
Top Bottom