Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #1

Male Guppies in a Community Tank

How do male guppies do in a community tank with all small size fish (see profile). I was thinking of getting 6 of them but I don't hear a lot about them, despite their beautiful markings.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Guppies always a good choice. They can add some very beautiful colors and activity to a community tank.

There are quite a variety of guppies out there, including some that are quite stunning. Take a look in the galleries (especially fancyguppyman) for some ideas.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:56 PM   #3

Thanks, just wanted to confirm they didn't need a different water chemistry or anything. I think I'll get 6 tonight
Old 04-15-2005, 11:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tony, don't know if you've looked into Endler's Livebearers before, but check them out before you buy the guppies:P

Heatware 164-0-0
bzbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 11:12 PM   #5

Awesome fish, but hard to find at the fish stores I go to. Petsmart had some, but the looked like they were guppy/endlers crosses and looked pretty bad. If I find some pure ones I'll be all over them. Thanks for the advice though.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to megos1
Guppies are great. I'm sure they will be an excellent addition to your tank!! Good luck with them.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:21 PM   #7

I guess I could always get both, I am looking for 2 more schools of 6 fish. I'll have to see what they have at the store tonight.

Tags
community, community tank, guppie, guppies, male, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com