Male guppy shadowing another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PilotGav

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know why this guppy is shadowing another guppy? He's glued to him. He's not attacking or being aggressive... Just being an idiot. Lol.

http://youtu.be/HU2kuG9hZc0

Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Either being a bully or trying to breed. Male Livebearers are a bit relentless.

Make sure the chased male is getting to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

i think you have a confused guppy:nono: the guppy chasing is a female that thinks shes a male:lol: and she is chasing a male:ROFLMAO:, that or the female wants to mate but the male doesn't want to :facepalm: usually the male will chase the female in the same way

Typical male guppy behavior, IME. They can be real goofs. If there aren't females available, they will often relentlessly pester, as yours is doing. And yes, do be sure the other guppy is getting enough to eat. This has to be very annoying to the one who is being chased. I've had to take male guppies who chase out of the tank and put them into another because I was worried about the well being of the one being pursued. When you have only males, it seems like there's always ONE that will do this, and they cannot be persuaded to stop!

could you post a picture of the 2 guppy showing full bodys?
i say its a female because of the way the body looks and i think i see a gravid spot

Back
Top Bottom