manzanita!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coleallensmom

Planted Tank Enthusiast
Guess what I get to look through tomorrow?

A whole skid of manzanita branches...So excited! :brows:

img_1672938_0_165a6067697e2a0511f043c7d66aa477.jpg

Wow... you could put Mr. Amano to shame with all that combined with your fantastic scaping skills!

ROOKIE! All of my LfSs have terrible selections of driftwood, so I am pretty excited about this. Just glad it's almost Christmas so I have an excuse to go buy myself some! ;)

All of my tanks have a short height, so I won't be able to pick anything to large. I am hoping that I'll be able to find a few good pieces that I'll be able to use though! The challenge will be visualing how it will look in my tank so I get the right pieces..Ahhh..I seriously won't be able to sleep tonight!

Last edited:
Coleallensmom said:
ROOKIE! All of my LfSs have terrible selections of driftwood, so I am pretty excited about this. Just glad it's almost Christmas so I have an excuse to go buy myself some!

All of my tanks have a short height, so I won't be able to pick anything to large. I am hoping that I'll be able to find a few good pieces that I'll be able to use though! The challenge will be visualing how it will look in my tank so I get the right pieces..Ahhh..I seriously won't be able to sleep tonight! ;)

I agree that will be really hard to visualize...soo....buy them all!! Hahah i actually think that you should buy more than you need...just in case you ever upgrade to that 100 gallon ;)

Don't forget that wood sticking out of the tank has a certain appeal... if done properly. Something you could probably pull off quite well.

I agree that will be really hard to visualize...soo....buy them all!! Hahah i actually think that you should buy more than you need...just in case you ever upgrade to that 100 gallon ;)

LOL..If only! I've been given a budget, so we'll see what I can do. If it looks terrible once I have them in my tank, I'm not showing pictures! :sorry::oops: ;)

Don't forget that wood sticking out of the tank has a certain appeal... if done properly. Something you could probably pull off quite well.

The sad part of it all..I have glass lids on all of my tanks because a certain two year old in my house would not leave his hands out of the tanks if I did not. Someday they will all be gone..IMO lidless is the way to go!

Ahh yes.... That's why the basement is off limits to my 2 year old ;) Can't wait to see what you pick out. I'm sure with that many pieces, you're sure to find the perfect fit.

Ahh yes.... That's why the basement is off limits to my 2 year old ;) Can't wait to see what you pick out. I'm sure with that many pieces, you're sure to find the perfect fit.

I tried it for a while but I kept finding my shrimp investigating toys that had sunk to the bottom. lol

Thanks, I hope so!

Home, with pics! Everything she had was HUGE, so I may have to end up breaking some pieces to make it work..

img_1674090_0_b1d5ef8a31e6863697b84ddc93d2f732.jpg

img_1674090_1_3c7c33828f6c880052131c5e380aeaa2.jpg

Those look GREAT! I am envious... I would have loved to sift through a pallet of Manzanita with this new 120 we are setting up. I really like what you picked out. Please keep us updated with new pics.

Very nice, you should be able to have a lot of fun with those. Are they being added to the community tank?

Very nice, you should be able to have a lot of fun with those. Are they being added to the community tank?

If I can fit them all in..yes! My 50 gal is a very short tank, so not a lot of height to work with. For reference, the piece in the 2nd pic is about 10"x23"..there wasn't much of anything smaller than that.

Those look GREAT! I am envious... I would have loved to sift through a pallet of Manzanita with this new 120 we are setting up. I really like what you picked out. Please keep us updated with new pics.

Thanks, it was even more difficult to pick pieces than I imagined. Luckily, I've bought from the supplier before and she is willing to let me exchange pieces if I have to!

If I can fit them all in..yes! My 50 gal is a very short tank, so not a lot of height to work with. For reference, the piece in the 2nd pic is about 10"x23"..there wasn't much of anything smaller than that.

That tank is already very cool, I look forward to seeing what you do with the manzanita.

Back
Top Bottom