Marineland Canister Crashed, Considering Eheim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatoeSc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, my c-360 Marineland started pulling air in somewhere about a month ago and blowing noisy bubbles into my 40 gallon. Worked with the LFS where I bought it to try to troubleshoot and correct the problem. He couldn't figure it out, so he went to his vendor or to Marineland who is supposed to be sending a new head along with new seals. Well, that was a month ago, and I'm getting fed up. Fortunately, I had a suitable HOB filter I could use in the meantime.

So, considering just letting go and getting an Eheim instead, but having a bit of trouble figuring out what's right for my tank as they have several options. I have a 40g breeder with angels, mollies, glow light tetras, and dwarf Synodontis, the mollies are temporary residents.

Can any Eheim users recommend the canister filter for me? If you are loyal to another brand, I respect your perspective, but I'm pretty committed to going with Eheim.

I use the classic 2215 canister filters , I have two on my 90 gallon and they are silent and water is crystal clear. I started with on on my 40 gallon corner unit and when I upgraded to 90 gallons I added a second filter. Some think that they are pricey but I am very happy with them.

I have 4 eheim canisters, 2215, 2213 x 2, and 2211. I LOVE them! I ahve had no problems with any of them, and they all run fantastically. I did switch out all the media in one of them and filled it with the black plastic bio-balls, just to add extra bio-media to my 55 gallon which I run 2 canisters on. The other one contains all the media that came with it, plus lots of fiber floss. My water is crystal clear on all my tanks, and I have never had a problem with my levels.
I clean the 2 on my 55 gallon every other month (alternate months for each one, as I have a pretty big bioload in that tank) and the other two get cleaned about every 3 months.

For your 40g breeder, I would go with the 2215. have the 2215 and a 2213 on my 55g, simply because when I added more fish to the tank, I wanted to be sure I am supproting the bio-load above and beyond, but the tank ran great with just the 2215, which supports up to 92 gallons (I think).

I was considering the pro-series. The 2075 seemed like a good choice, but the one recommended is much less expensive! I like less expensive.

I have not used any of the Pro Series, just the classic ones, but I highly recommend them. I have had no issues at all with any of mine. They run silent and seem to do a great job!

You mentioned Ehiem, so I'm sure that's what you want. But maybe check out Fluval? My 406 does great.

Well, I made the decision. Out with Marineland, in with Eheim. Put in the pro 3 ultra G90. Ah, the beautiful sound of silence. I don't know how you HOBers do it.

Back
Top Bottom