Marineland double brights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tare6adu.jpg
y6y3agy5.jpg
I would say its a med-high light. The pics are the full spectrum and moonlight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would definitely go with the Satellite over any Marineland. Marinelands are really overpriced (IMO). You can get better lights (like the satellite) for less.

Lighting an Aquarium with PAR instead of Watts

this article has more info than you need, but if you scroll way down in the post, there is a chart that shows PAR ratings for different LED lights. PAR stands for Photosynthetically Active Radiation (if I remember correctly), and what it MEANS is the light that plants use for photosynthesis. So the chart specifically rates the power of lights to grow plants.
Keep in mind the Current USA light on the chart is NOT the Satellite LED+. I can't remember where I found it to link it, but PAR ratings have been taken from the Satellite LED+ and they are below the Finnex Ray II (a very popular plant LED) but still respectable for medium light.

Man those lights look nice on that tank!

Ok I'll check that article out. I saw something about the PAR rating for the sat+ on the current USA website. I didn't know what it meant at first. I'm definitely considering getting one of these.

Back
Top Bottom