Marineland vs aqueon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi

I have owned a marineland penguin 200 for about three days and ever since I got it the motors been making a loud vibrating noise. I was wondering should I keep it or should I return it and get a Aqueon 30 that's on sale at Petsmart tomorrow. I need to make this decision soon. Thanks so which ones better?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love my aqueon 30....

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

An owner of MarineLand, Aqueon, and Fluval, I have grown to like Fluval the best of all HOB filters. The Aquaclear series is very quiet and the c4 is great as well. Tons of room for customization in them compared to other HOB.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Last edited:
You can fix the problem by taking out the impeller and rubbing all those parts in Vasoline. It's on toxic, cheap and it'll solve your problem quickly. Marineland is always better than Aqueon when it comes to filters, hope this post isn't too late.

Nils

Wow the aqueon is cheap! 15$ on Amazon. But I would get an Aquaclear 50 for 38$. It's not that much more, and it is a much better filter.

If any of my hob filters make noise, I'll play with the intake tube/propeller and it usually quits. If the noise isn't coming from the propeller, try rolling up a napkin and placing it in the rim of the tank and placing the filter on the napkin, it will buffer out a lot of vibration sound.

Aquaclear/Fluval is a lot quieter than the Marineland.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom