May have swallowed medicated tank water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxxy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was doing my water change today,
I have been using a normal siphon for about 3 years.. no problem. but today got caught out by some water sneaking in the middle of the tube and ended up with a gob of water, :( I'm pretty sure I coughed most of it up, I used some mouthwash, and have drank a glass of water and glass of milk,
But I put White Spot medication in the tank yesterday, (white spot has gone but carrying on treatment a few extra days) :ermm:
I looked on the label but not info regarding if ingested..!
If I have swallowed it it would have been diluted and a small amount
So not sure how to go about it or if the medication is particularly dangerous for humans as can't find no info on the net! :ermm:

Any advice? Thanks

I wouldn't stress. Nothing in the white spot treatment seems to scream dangerous toxin and the ridiculously low amount of it you would've consumed means you'll be fine. As for normal tank water that's fine just gross as I've discovered far too many times.

Thanks guys, I was just browsing the net and one brand said about seeking urgent help.. and I was a bit like :O
But your probably right there! Only ingested a small amount and probably swallowed worse things - not to mention all the times I've swallowed sea water - eugh

Thanks guys, I was just browsing the net and one brand said about seeking urgent help.. and I was a bit like :O
But your probably right there! Only ingested a small amount and probably swallowed worse things - not to mention all the times I've swallowed sea water - eugh

If it were me I wouldnt worry about it but if you are really worried about it seek medical attention maybe even call a 24hr nurse hotline or something. if youre only sort of concerned try looking up a MSDS(material saftey data sheet) about the specific meds you ingested. most chemicals have MSDS's

I'm still ticking! so not worrying no more :D !

So I was doing my water change today,
I have been using a normal siphon for about 3 years.. no problem. but today got caught out by some water sneaking in the middle of the tube and ended up with a gob of water, :( I'm pretty sure I coughed most of it up, I used some mouthwash, and have drank a glass of water and glass of milk,
But I put White Spot medication in the tank yesterday, (white spot has gone but carrying on treatment a few extra days) :ermm:
I looked on the label but not info regarding if ingested..!
If I have swallowed it it would have been diluted and a small amount
So not sure how to go about it or if the medication is particularly dangerous for humans as can't find no info on the net! :ermm:

Any advice? Thanks

If you have concerns. Call the poison control center, and have the container in hand. They can tell you if you ingested enough to be harmful and what you should do if you have ingested enough to harm you. It is very unlikely that you did get enough to hurt you.

Well I ingested it this morning, but it was less than a mouthful and i coughed most of it back up, no stomach pains or anything so I think I'm okay! :) was just having a bit of a panic this morning as couldn't really find any info on it..

Well I ingested it this morning, but it was less than a mouthful and i coughed most of it back up, no stomach pains or anything so I think I'm okay! :) was just having a bit of a panic this morning as couldn't really find any info on it..

Your good trust me. I have a pretty good background and if I thought you were in trouble I would have said something in the beginning.

Forget it, don't sweat it and keep calm and Chive on!!

Thanks,
I'm probably immune to poop these days!
I have horses, so you can image.. haha

Back
Top Bottom