Mean tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marisa23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have five long finned tetras that nip each others find. I just got some julli corys and now they are being super mean to them. How do I stop this?

My money is on skirt tetras and a <20G tank

They are long finned in a 5 gal why problem solved?

They need more like a 30g tank as well as the clown Pleco :) in a small space they might become more aggressive. And with a clown Pleco I would do 50% water changes twice a week

Tank is waaaay to small especially with the high bioload pleco in there. Altogether those fish need a minimum 30 gallon. If you're looking for fish suitable for a 5 gallon you could really only go with a beta or a pea puffer or two

Tank is waaaay to small especially with the high bioload pleco in there. Altogether those fish need a minimum 30 gallon. If you're looking for fish suitable for a 5 gallon you could really only go with a beta or a pea puffer or two

I'd only do a single pea puffer in a 5g :)

+ 1 on the beta an puffers

I live in a small town with minimal selection

Would you be replacing your current fish? Platies have a high bioload and should be put in a ten gallon. If you removed your current stock guppies and shrimp will be a option

Back
Top Bottom