Medications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are Corys and pictus cat scaleless ? How to treat them for parasites, bacterial, columnarius?
Just wondering Just in case..... 40 gallon

Cories and pictus are both scaleless. I'm not an expert with meds, just stay away from copper-based meds and potassium permanganate. Stuff like malachite-green, pimafix, and melafix should be used with caution. Otherwise, I think you would just have to look and see whether the meds are safe for scaleless fish and inverts. Many times, I just have to move my inverts to a 5 gallon temporarily while I am treating something. Hope that little bit helps, because that's all I know! :lol:

bud29 said:
Cories and pictus are both scaleless. I'm not an expert with meds, just stay away from copper-based meds and potassium permanganate. Stuff like malachite-green, pimafix, and melafix should be used with caution. Otherwise, I think you would just have to look and see whether the meds are safe for scaleless fish and inverts. Many times, I just have to move my inverts to a 5 gallon temporarily while I am treating something. Hope that little bit helps, because that's all I know! :lol:

I have loaches and corys both, and all catfish are scaless if I'm not mistaken, I've used Melafix on several occasions and it never bothered anything, with most meds and scaless fish you just use half of the dosage and you should be okay, you can also try to stick with the all natural meds but I would think they take longer to cure most things. I don't know about inverts, I haven't seen my Amano shrimp in months so I don't even know of I had it still when I used my meds

Back
Top Bottom