Medium to Large Colorful schoolers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordrbray

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Looking for suggestions for medium to largish (4-5") freshwater schooling fish.

Want a group of 5-6

Denison barbs, Odessa barbs, Spotted Silver Dollars, Buenos Aires Tetras, Columbian tetras.

Yes, need to know tank size for sure.

Boesemani Rainbows would be amazing as long as it's a 4ft long tank.

For 45 Denison and Bosemani are out of question then.

Neons, cardinals, Red eye tetras, glass catfish, rummy nose tetras. Mant other tetra species.

Rummynoses are my favorite tetras. They form a tight school and sweep back and forth across the tank. They stay in the bottom third of the tank.

Dwarf neon rainbowfish stay in the top third of the tank.

They don't really school, but emperor tetras are gorgeous.

Danios if your not doing any other fish because they can become kind of aggressive, also ember tetras school very nicely and are peaceful, when you walk to one side of the tank they follow in a school.

Rummynoses are my favorite tetras. They form a tight school and sweep back and forth across the tank. They stay in the bottom third of the tank.

Dwarf neon rainbowfish stay in the top third of the tank.

They don't really school, but emperor tetras are gorgeous.
Yes very tight school. Very very gorgeous they look.

In my 90 gallon tank, I currently have schools of neons, harlequin rasboras, glass catfish, pencilfish, rummynose tetras and emperor tetras. I recommend all of the above.

You might consider Congo tetras. Not going to get as big as you were originally requesting, but a nice schooling fish.

Back
Top Bottom