Meet Lucky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
So on my trip to Walmart tonight I decided to get a betta for my 56 gallon tank. I've been wanting to add one for a while now and I found a pretty one that looked healthy and was flaring away. So he comes home with me. On the way home I got in a wreck. Someone was backing a boat across a dark highway with no warning lights, and I couldn't stop soon enough and I T-boned them. So the fish lost all it's water. The guys I hit were nice enough to get him some water but I don't travel with prime in my purse, so the little guy was in chlorine for an hour or so. And when I got home I dropped his cup again because I'm a bit shaken up. So this little guy has been through a lot already. Thus his name is Lucky. He's chilling in his cup with some prime for now, I'm not going to put him in the tank until I'm sure he is calmed down. Pretty guy, though.

Attachments

• image-4021340589.jpg
    image-4021340589.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 53
So on my trip to Walmart tonight I decided to get a betta for my 56 gallon tank. I've been wanting to add one for a while now and I found a pretty one that looked healthy and was flaring away. So he comes home with me. On the way home I got in a wreck. Someone was backing a boat across a dark highway with no warning lights, and I couldn't stop soon enough and I T-boned them. So the fish lost all it's water. The guys I hit were nice enough to get him some water but I don't travel with prime in my purse, so the little guy was in chlorine for an hour or so. And when I got home I dropped his cup again because I'm a bit shaken up. So this little guy has been through a lot already. Thus his name is Lucky. He's chilling in his cup with some prime for now, I'm not going to put him in the tank until I'm sure he is calmed down. Pretty guy, though.

I hope you weren't hurt or anyone else, I guess if you're posting on AA you're alright. LOL. I love Bettas. Are you going to QT him for a while to make sure he's healthy? He'll be really pretty when he gets into some nice clean warm water & unclamps.

Yeah, I'm fine. Just beyond irritated because I must got my car back yesterday and it is now in need of repairs again. But the other party was at fault so I shouldn't have to pay for any of it. I'm keeping him in his cup for the time being in clean water sitting atop my other tank for warmth. When I get home from work tomorrow I may start him off in a little hanging divider in the main tank to make sure he doesn't flare at any tankmates and to make sure he's made a recovery before I stress him any more. Poor little guy, I put him through the wringer tonight. I think he must have flopped around in almost no water for five minutes before I remembered he was there.

Back
Top Bottom