Melafix and PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcor

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a poorly tank, thread is in the sick fish subforum, but an interesting question arose today when I tested my water. I put my first dose of melafix in the tank yesterday and found that for the first time EVER my PH is lower than usual. It's always 7.6. Always. Without fail. Today it is 7.2. Does melafix alter ph levels? It is the only new thing added to the tank in ages. Since yesterday was only day 1 of a 7 day treatment, what is 7 days worth of dosing going to do to my PH levels? Anyone with any experience or advice? Or reassurance! :)

I've used melafix a few times never did test the ph while using it though. But I never lost any fish. They did hide a lot and not eat as much as usual while on it though. That's about all the info I can give you on that subject.

I've used it for years and honestly have never expierenced a ph drop. I'd use it again and just monitor the ph.

Thank you both. I have indeed put in the next dose. I'll test in the morning. :)

Back
Top Bottom