Merging two tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heynow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A friend of mine just had a house fire and she asked me to take care of her fish until she can get back on her feet.

I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank with zebra danios, serpae tetras, raspboras, neon tetras and two large spotted catfish.

The fish she gave me might be Oscars? She didn't know so I'm hoping someone here can identify them and tell me if my fish are in danger with these big guys roaming around. I can tell right now that my cat's aren't happy to have these big guys in the tank since they are used to being the biggest of the bunch.

Any advice is welcome!!

Noreen

img_1056338_0_8de2887b1a7271aa931a1d2da6263404.jpg

And this guys was two long whiskers:
img_1056338_1_2b09cb81c85d6d480b858d800dac1ad0.jpg

those are gouramis... hard to tell from the pics, and im not good at id'ing gouramis, but looks like the pink ones may be kissing gouramis, the blue one in the pic is probably either a blue or opaline gourami...

They are gouramis. The blue may get a little agressive, but on the upside, they certainly aren't oscars (whew) and pose little threat as far as eating your other fish. They are big, though, and will add a lot to your bioload, so keep up on your PWCs and you should be OK.

I agree with the others, definitely gouramis. I just wanted to commend you for helping your friend out! We need more people like you in this world!

Thanks to all for help IDing these guys. They seem real mellow and everyone is settling in nicely. May even pick up a few of my own once they can go home! :)

Back
Top Bottom