Metricide 14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've heard of using this as a cheaper alternative to Excel but I saw this review and it stopped me before ordering it.

How true is this? Just so happens I have anarchis, Val's, and Java moss.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431615601.518273.jpg

Caleb

It will melt vals and anarchis yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Metricide is essentially the same as excel, 2x as strong is all..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are the same thing. If you dilute metricide 50:50 with water, you've made excel.

So if you use Excel already, it will make no difference.

They are the same thing. If you dilute metricide 50:50 with water, you've made excel.

So if you use Excel already, it will make no difference.

Thanks guys/gals I do use excel right now. Just heard this was a cheaper alternative.

Caleb

It is crazy cheaper. I buy EVERYTHING on Amazon, but that is not the cheapest place to get it. I don't remember where I did get it I just googled and picked a shop. Scientific supply shops it is dirt cheap even when factoring in shipping.

It is crazy cheaper. I buy EVERYTHING on Amazon, but that is not the cheapest place to get it. I don't remember where I did get it I just googled and picked a shop. Scientific supply shops it is dirt cheap even when factoring in shipping.

Amazon is my best friend :D I'll have to go price shopping now

Caleb

I can attest to this melting, was using API Equivalent (CO2 Booster), and my Chillnese would constantly melt, and never take off, and my Anacharis just melted away, and my Vallsinera never improved.

After injection, they all took off.

Just bought this week on eBay for 20.99 with free shipping. Cheaper then Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Metricide is valuable enough in itself (in value and as a carbon source) that I'd just chuck the anacharis and vals and replace them with similar looking plants that thrive with the extra glut.

Metricide is valuable enough in itself (in value and as a carbon source) that I'd just chuck the anacharis and vals and replace them with similar looking plants that thrive with the extra glut.

Surprisingly enough they are 2 of my favorite plants... Who else can say they have 4 foot stem of anarchis winding around everything in the tank

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom