Micro bubble and foggy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bandit0911

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new here and looking for advice. I have 3 tanks 1-20 gallon my wifes, 1-45 gal my sons and my newest tank a 38. We get all of our water from the same tap yet my 38 is filled with micro bubbles to the point that it is foggy/cloudy looking compared to the other tanks. They are all planted and use good substrate the only difference is the filters the 20 and 45 use a marineland filter with the power when and the 38 is using aqueon 150 gph with charcoal and floss filter cartridges could the filter be causing the bubbles and what can I do to fix it? I have turned off my air pump which is connected to a long bubble wand and there is no difference I'm frustrated cause the 38 sits in the living room and the water is not a clear as the other two tanks? Help and new member out :banghead: please..

??

That is the million dollar question.
Here is some more information Using Atlanta city water the other tanks are perfect the water test fine with the api water test kit. I have black gravel with black sand on top of it I have heard that in a 3 month old tank the sand substrate could cause the cloudy water? I have been very vigilante with water changes and checking the condition.
I do have a lot of fish
Gourmisx2 swordtailsx4 black neonsx4 pristella tetras x 6 roseline sharks x 2 desmoni cichlidsx3 long fin plecox1 golden algae eaterx1 , corycatx1 ,stripped raphaelx1 rummy nose tetra x4 Buenos Aires tetra x4 32 fish in 38 gallons
I just change filters to a Marineland 200 from a Aqueon 30 which came with the tank and was undersized.Tthe tank is all planted with a few rocks. Tyhere ia a bubble wand in the tank but I have not turned it on for almost a week and there were move micro bubbles from the 30filter then there is from the marine land 200
I had to remove my driftwood due to having a orange tint to the water.. The orange tint is gone . I have placed the driftwood in a cooler with water and the
water has not changed color? so I'm not sure the orange was coming from the wood. :thanks:

My FX5 will release micro bubbles when the media is starting to clog. Possibly clean out your filter.

The orange / tan color is tannins released by the driftwood. It will stop after a while, possibly the driftwood is done leaking them.

Back
Top Bottom