MICRO-BUBBLES! Annoying!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyway, I've had LOTS of microbubbles in my fishtank since a year and a half ago. I've tried lowering and raising my water level. Nothing. I've tried changing all the media. Nothing. I've tried buying a new a filter. Both put out micro-bubbles (an Aqueon and an aquaclear). It makes my tank look REALLY bad. And I want them gone.

The aqueon is causeing the micro bubbles

The OP knows that. It's both filters actually.

Some people say taking a bit of a sponge (like for a filter) and attaching it on the outflow so that the water flows through it before it actually re-enters the water will fix/help that problem.

I'm guessing the sponge probably needs to meet the surface of the water too? Not sure on that part. That seems like it might cause there to not be enough surface agitation unless you have another way of accomplishing that like an aerator or something. I hope this helps or gives you some clue what to do!

The OP knows that. It's both filters actually.

Some people say taking a bit of a sponge (like for a filter) and attaching it on the outflow so that the water flows through it before it actually re-enters the water will fix/help that problem.

I'm guessing the sponge probably needs to meet the surface of the water too? Not sure on that part. That seems like it might cause there to not be enough surface agitation unless you have another way of accomplishing that like an aerator or something. I hope this helps or gives you some clue what to do!

I do realize that. Im saying its mainly the aqeuon. I am running both. Put filter floss in it to eliminate the problem and on the aqueon, remove that plastic blue peice on the out flow of the water

I do realize that. Im saying its mainly the aqeuon. I am running both. Put filter floss in it to eliminate the problem and on the aqueon, remove that plastic blue peice on the out flow of the water

Thanks! How long do I need both running before the aquaclear is cycled? The Aqueon doesn't have any media to spear because right now it's just stuffed full of filter floss

Back
Top Bottom