Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-29-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Micro Fish

I'm trying to decide what types of micro fish to add to my 20 gallon with otos and Pseudomugil gertrudae. So far, I've done some research on CPDs, ember tetras, and peacock gudgeons, but there are so many more to choose from! What are your favorite micro fish, and how many of each should I keep together?

Old 08-29-2015, 05:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish42 View Post
I'm trying to decide what types of micro fish to add to my 20 gallon with otos and Pseudomugil gertrudae. So far, I've done some research on CPDs, ember tetras, and peacock gudgeons, but there are so many more to choose from! What are your favorite micro fish, and how many of each should I keep together?

How many Otos do you have ? And have you tried to breed them if so have u had any successful attempts ? And if you had successful attempts how many eggs hatched ?

This has been a public service announcement published by fishtank3
Old 08-29-2015, 06:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Micro Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtank3 View Post
How many Otos do you have ? And have you tried to breed them if so have u had any successful attempts ? And if you had successful attempts how many eggs hatched ?

This has been a public service announcement published by fishtank3

I don't have any otos yet, as I'm still trying to decide on stocking. Why?
Old 08-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have celestial pearl danios, about 10 and 3 otocinclus. I like them both but I have to feed the cpd's frozen cyclops a couple of times a week because they don't eat flake food. They are very pretty though. And the ottos I feed algae wafers and boiled zuchinni and broccoli, and I watch them closely as I am worried they might starve.

So they are high maintenance but I have red cherry shrimp in this 29 gallon tank and they all like the foods. Now that I think I can keep the ottos alive, I will get a few more of those.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Love love love peacock gudgeons. I found them easy to care for. I have dwarf emerald rasboras and scarlet badis currently and a dwarf cory variety, I forget which one. Badis and rasboras won't take flake so I feed frozen, it was the same for my peacocks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brenna
brennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have wild-caught Green Neon Tetras and they're awesome. They'll want soft water, though.
PNWaquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 02:01 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ember tetras if you can find them.
They are no where to be found in my area.

I got 20 for my 65G community, and I have about 17 left.. Had them for 6+ months now.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Tags
fish, micro

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com