Microbubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's an Aqueon 30 whisper filter. This is an old picture but its still the same, maybe a bit worse.

Attachments

• image-1372598193.jpg
    image-1372598193.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 55
It's an Aqueon 30 whisper filter. This is an old picture but its still the same, maybe a bit worse.
I would suppose the air bubbles it is shooting provide from the bubbler? If not, then putting more water might help. If so, then changing the path or location of the air stone and/or air tube will resolve this.

I would suppose the air bubbles it is shooting provide from the bubbler? If not, then putting more water might help. If so, then changing the path or location of the air stone and/or air tube will resolve this.

This is no bubbler, airstone, or air tube. And I've tried bringing the water all the way to the top. No change.

I do! Aha! How do I fix this...?
I used to get this also. I could be wrong but I believe it's from the warm water I add to my new water to match the temp of the tank. I use water containers for my PWC's, like the ones in an office water dispenser. Before I add my new water to the tank, I put my hand over the opening and give the container a good shake. You can hear the gas released when I remove my hand. I get little to no bubbles since I started doing this. If using buckets, give the water a good stir and this should eliminate this. You still might get the air bubbles for a short time after adding the water but I should clear up pretty quick. Also if you use floss in your HOBs, make sure you soak it old tank water and give it a good squeeze. This will get rid of any trapped air in the floss, the same goes for pads after you clean them. I hope this helps, it worked for me. Let us know how you get on.....

Back
Top Bottom