Microglanis iheringi "bumble bee catfish" info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Everytime I think I have a great stocking plan I run across something new!!! lol Ok so everyone knows where I am at: 20 tall nano tank. Will be heavily planted with sand substrate. Stocking:
12 pygmy cories (moving to a new home)
2-3 CPO (Dwarf Crayfish) (1 at the moment)
8ish Scarlet Badis
RCS and tiger shrimp
assassin snails
and a micro schooling fish

Will the bumble bee catfish work out in this stocking? Any need to know info about them? Also will the eat the CPO or shrimp?

Thanks and God bless!

Yes, I think they will. I don't have the BB cats, but I would think any cat with a mouth that big will most definitely eat not only your inverts, but your small fish as well. The scarlet badis especially will be hanging down low in the same area as the cats...I don't think it would be a good mix.

ok thanks. Hi again BTW lol can you think of any catfish with the classic 0 shaped mouth that would work?

Yes hello..not stalking you I promise ;) lol I can't think of any catfish besides dwarf cories and hara jerdoni that I would mix with nano fish.

That was a cool fish! But I dont even know where I could find it. It reminds me of a wasp fish!

They are really neat. Severum mama/HN1 sometimes have them, and so does franksaquarium. They need cool temps and sand substrate. :)

The Badis will eat baby shrimp and crayfish, they're pretty much live-food only and more trouble than they're worth IMO. For that matter the CPO's will also eat any shrimp they can catch, though they shouldn't be a major threat to a fair-size populaion of them.
Some of the micro rasbora species would be safe enough to mix, I'd go with several dozen just so you'd actually see some occasionally.

I know the baby shrimp are gonna get eaten. thats fine

My experience with those critters has been different..

My CPO's don't eat shrimp. They may the babies, since they will eat baby crays, but full size RCS are fine with them.

I've never given my scarlet badis live food. They eat frozen, sinking pellets, and even some flake. I haven't actually mixed them with crays or shrimp, but I have with thai micro crabs, which are teeny tiny, and they haven't bothered them. A full size CPO is way bigger than the scarlet badis, so I think it's a safe combo. Well as safe as anything anyway. ;)

Thanks. That is the plan. My CPO threatens everything and snaps at anything stupid enough to let him get close lol

Back
Top Bottom