Middle glass broke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torres

Aquarium Advice Freak
img0466im.jpg

img0467eo.jpg

The pictures says everything so.. Can the tank hold it self by nothing holding it in the middle? I took about 38 litres of the water, its a 180 litres, 120cm long
Ill replace the broken glass soon.

i cant get the pictures to show up here, dont know why, so i have them in my album if you can give a look

Over time the seems will weaken without proper support and can cause a catastrophe. Get yourself some 1/4 or 3/8 inch acrylic from the hardware you can bend it using a flame bending it into a bracket shape ] and it will hold the two sides of the glass in. its a pretty easy fix this way.

I cant get this stuff until monday or tuesday
i dont know if home base or B&Q sell this -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine it will be ok till then however just as a precaution i would take some water out so not as much pressure on the glass.

just took more water, tank is less than its half way now

there are the pictures. its so ridiculous when i remember what happen.....
the top slide when im taking part of it out and break the glass, i do the same thing every single day, and for this time i was just going to give my fingers to my mollies..

Any product that i can use to take off the broken part?
Kinda hard to get a knife between the glasses to take it off that way.

If its impossible to take it out will 1 glass at each side be able to hold the pressure fine?

You can try a razor blade to remove the glass. That piece is not important to the strength of the tank because it is braced along the front and back

You can try a razor blade to remove the glass. That piece is not important to the strength of the tank because it is braced along the front and back
Ok but my silicon wont eventually go off holding around 150 litres of water?
Its around 100 or less litres now.
Fish are not liking the way it is atm.
The middle glass is not being held by silicon, but something else that i dont know so its very tight.

Repair it. The cross member is important for overall strength. If it wasnt it wouldnt be there. Get a glass cutter and you can scour it and snapp the broken pieces off if you have to. Replace with an acrylic brace to hold the two sides of the glass together.

Would this work? lol

lubricatedglasscutter.png

Hardening alloy steel cutting wheel
Durable plastic body with internal oil reservoir
Knurled brass finger grip for comfortable use
Spring-loaded block controls flow of lubricant
Length of Lubricated Glass Cutter: 175mm

thats the description of the item

Not sure, i would imagine so, however Id be careful not to get any lubricant or something in your water.

This is a grinder

View attachment 96321

If don't suggest you get one just for that though.
O right, thanks for the picture.
what im thinking here is to put a glass above that one, im afraid to try to take that and end up breaking something else. That glass broke so easily, not sure if the tank can handle any hit or something.

Just throwing this out there but petco $/g sale is coming up in June (I think). So you could wait and just buy a new tank for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom