Minerals for fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cohenjl13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was talking to a friend of mine who works at a fish store and be mentioned a product from acurel:

(https://www.amazon.com/Loving-Pets-...ie=UTF8&qid=1502829390&sr=1-6&keywords=acurel)

he was mentioning it only comes in a pack with de-chlorinate which i don't want and don't have to spend $20 on a packet for the two bottles of minerals.
He said he loves the product and doesn't mind buying the extra bottles but i was wondering are there any products out there that help give the fish minerals they need that people would suggest?

Most de-chlorinators remove minerals that my planted tank needs, that's why this one is nice on its own. (Not API Stresscoat or Prime, i use prime for water changes)

I use Replenish by Seachem when I need to put minerals in my R/O water. If you are sure you need to add minerals, this is only $4-5 a bottle for 500 ml.

I use Wonder Shells with my livebearers.
Not every fish wants minerals beyond what is already in your water supply.
Do you know your water parameters and the preferences of the fish you keep?
pH/kH/gH and TDS with TDS being my real 'barometer' of mineral content are the numbers you need to know IMO...
You just don't really know what it is that gives you the readings with any of the numbers...

Thanks for the replay, i havnt done much research into minerals and what i tank has, it was just a question off the start, but now i know where to begin and what to look for. Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom