Mini community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MABJ

Aquarium Advice Addict
What do you guys suggest to fill a soon to be vacant 5gal tank? I think I'm staying away from bettas, (this glass is very reflective) but I'm open to other stuff. Suggestions?

How many rasboras could I fit?

I would do 6 boraras brigittae aka mosquito or chili rasbora or another micro rasbora and shrimp. Or ADF's.

Definitely not interested in wasting my biggest tank on just shrimp!! Gotta get some fish in. :p. Hey siva, do you have a good p,ace for purchasing them?

I've ordered all of mine from various places. I can't find anything locally but ghost shrimp. I've ordered some from bobstropicalplans.com and from aquabid. If you want RCS, don't pay more than $1 per shrimp including shipping.

why dont you want just shrimp?my ghost shrimp are more active than some of my fish,and are really funny to watch fight over food...and RCS are a really nice colour.

I like having something in every level of a tank. I love Shrimp. But shrimp + fish.

they should be okay,and with fish small enough for a 5 gallon,id be more worried about the fish than the shrimp,ive seen my ghost shrimp flip over snails,and eat them,i immagine theyed have no trouble with really small fish.

Would a dwarf gouramais be okay in a 5g?

i dont think 1 would be okay,let alone 2 or more,i think that A:its too small,andB:they are too territorial.

Planted, almost essential for the shrimp and will help keep the water a lot cleaner in such a small tank.

I mean one plural. Would one gouramai be okay?

I think it would live, but it may not be very happy. I had a dg in my 10 gallon and it seemed very happy until it got fat. I think it either had drops or was constipated.

Oh :( well I'm sorry. Thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom