Mini Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scalesojustice

Aquarium Advice Activist
at petsmart, they always have mini crabs in half land / half water set ups.

does anyone know anything about these crabs? can they be kept in an aquarium without land? what are proper tankmates?

they look pretty cool and it would be neat to pick up a couple if they are compatible with my set ups.

EDIT: nevermind, they are fiddler crabs, which require brackish water and a tetraium setup. c'est la vie.

I've kept some different type of crab before that does not require pland and are FW. The are reddish but do not have large clways like fiddlers. If only i could remeber what they were called!

WaterPond said:
I've kept some different type of crab before that does not require pland and are FW. The are reddish but do not have large clways like fiddlers. If only i could remeber what they were called!

red-clawed crabs perhaps?

Fiddler's are very neat. I dont have mine in brackish, and I've had him 4 months. He lives with my turtle and two male kribs. I just have a piece of flat sandstone leaning against the glass, so he can sit out of water.

Back
Top Bottom