Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Mini cycle????

I feel like I started a mini cycle with my wc today...I only did a small water change
...about 10 gallons in a 54 but I now have .25 ammonia and elevated nitrates...I have stability and safe start plus on hand...which would you reccomend??

Old 06-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

I think most would recommend Stability, but I've had no problem with Safe Start getting my parameters under control pretty quickly. I do tend to trust Seachem a little more than Tetra though.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thank you! I added the Stability, the only reason I even checked was it was a little white cloudy. I rinsed the filter media in the old water bucket, like I said I didn't change much water and it wasn't "filthy. Any thoughts on what happened ??
Old 06-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

What size tank and whats your stock?

Did you add anything?

Anything else change?
Old 06-08-2017, 11:54 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

54 gallons...pearl Gourami, 6 Red eye Tetra, 5 glow light Tetra, 4 Corycats, 4 golden minnows and 2 Zebra Danios...I did add a small rock decoration I had in my box of stuff I like to switch out...it had been sitting for a while..that's it
Old 06-08-2017, 11:56 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Everything was fine before that, I only even did the water change because get a small amount of algae in the corner from the window, water actually looked good

Tags
cycle, mini

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com