Mini cycle????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metatron

Aquarium Advice Regular
I feel like I started a mini cycle with my wc today...I only did a small water change
...about 10 gallons in a 54 but I now have .25 ammonia and elevated nitrates...I have stability and safe start plus on hand...which would you reccomend??

I think most would recommend Stability, but I've had no problem with Safe Start getting my parameters under control pretty quickly. I do tend to trust Seachem a little more than Tetra though.

Thank you! I added the Stability, the only reason I even checked was it was a little white cloudy. I rinsed the filter media in the old water bucket, like I said I didn't change much water and it wasn't "filthy. Any thoughts on what happened ??

What size tank and whats your stock?

Did you add anything?

Anything else change?

54 gallons...pearl Gourami, 6 Red eye Tetra, 5 glow light Tetra, 4 Corycats, 4 golden minnows and 2 Zebra Danios...I did add a small rock decoration I had in my box of stuff I like to switch out...it had been sitting for a while..that's it

Everything was fine before that, I only even did the water change because get a small amount of algae in the corner from the window, water actually looked good

Back
Top Bottom