Mini Ramshorn Snail Attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chykityta

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

I got some plants from a friend thinking it had baby Apple Snails. Turns out, some of those babies never grew and the only snail that I can think of being is: Mini Ramshorn snails.

Unfortunately, I have spread said plants throughout 3 tanks. One of them got aggressively overrun by those snails. There are only Pygmy Cory's on it and soon to arrive, Celestial Pearl Danios. I do not want those snails on that tank. The only Botia/Loach my local LFS can get is Burmese Border Botia.

My fear is that they don't take care of the problem, since the Assassin Snails didn't do the job and I am positive they only went into breeding mode. Therefore, I will soon have an Assassin Snail baby tank (not needed but that I can at least sell/trade with an LFS.

So, aside from Assassin Snails or Puffers, would a Burmese take care of Mini Ramshorn Snails?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yoyo loaches took care of mine and these look similar enough that my bet would be yes. Probably do best as a group.

Yes, I have read the same about Yo-Yo loaches but not available at this time. Only Burmese so I am hesitant whether to get them, or not.

So, the Burmese was not received at the LFS. Searching around, I was able to inquire one place with Yo-Yo loaches at $6.99 and three places with Clown Loaches at $8.99 (I would probably need at least two to lower aggression towards my fish). I think I prefer to look into the Dwarf Puffers were I would only need one.

I'd go with yoyo's over clown loaches due to smaller size. Although I believe clown loaches are slow growing. My two remaining yoyo's are about 4 inches in length.

Can't comment on puffer fish unfortunately as have never kept them.

Back
Top Bottom