Missing a CAE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-=Jeff=-

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had 2 in my 40 Gal and tonight I can only find one, I moved a couple things in the tank to try and locate CAE #2 but I cannot find him..

Maybe a barb or Giant Danio ate him?

I know he was in the tank earlier this week but now MIA

So right now I have 1 CAE in the tank and if/when he dissappears would oto's be good? or will they become food for the other fish?

Could have he jumped out? I much prefer otos to CAE since the CAE will suck slime coat off fish and do get aggressive when they get bigger. If he did die inside the tank the other fish might have eaten him depending on how big he is.

Could have he jumped out? I much prefer otos to CAE since the CAE will suck slime coat off fish and do get aggressive when they get bigger. If he did die inside the tank the other fish might have eaten him depending on how big he is.

Only spot to jump out is by a fish feeder (I use for vacations)

if he did get eaten he was only 2" at most and not too fat yet

will the bigger fish chase the Otos?

They can hide very very well. More than once I was convinced I had a fish missing only to have it turn up at a later date.

I have a pair of otos in with an adult angel he doesn't bother them at all. They were quite small when I put them in and he looked at them once or twice but that was all. I have never had giant danios but see they can get 6 inches so I don't know if they are safe with otos.

They can hide very very well. More than once I was convinced I had a fish missing only to have it turn up at a later date.

Yes that is true, happened to me before too

Joy, as for my Giant Danios, I think I have had them 1 or 2 years, I forget when, but currently they are about 3-3.5" long

Back
Top Bottom