Missing Bronze corydora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaredClownLoach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone I noticed one of my bronze corys has been missing for about 4 days now. I've gone from 4 to 3. I have no idea how this is possible, because I have moved everything. I always keep the lid closed as well except for water changes. There's no sign of fish on the floor either.

I've googled a few posts and seems this has happened to quite a few people...

I'm hoping he will turn up but I know it's unlikely, I've turned the tank upside down looking for him. Anyone else had a vanishing fish?

how big was it? could he have been sucked up during a water change?

I'm thinking this is a possibility. But I always bury the siphon into the gravel so it can't suck up any fish. I think he's to big anyway, he's probably 2iches maybe a bit more. The tube that runs the water out is probably only about 30-40mm wide. Not sure :/

:( Sorry to hear about your Cory going missing..... i'm going to assume you already did but you check under the gravel? might be possible while vacuuming he got trapped under some of the gravel?

I had a bristlenose pleco go missing last week..it's only 1.5 inces right now but he went missing for a bout 3 days i tore the whole tank up looking through the gravel moved plants and deco...then he turned up this monday....still have no idea where he was

Do you have any decorations with holes in the bottoms, like so they will sink, sometimes fish can get up inside of them, even when they seem small?

Even heard of them getting inside and getting big so they didn't fit out the hole anymore.

Had a Cory go missing and thought was dead, in my daughters tank. We had taken out the other fish, couldn't find the other cory. We looked again and she looked again and still nothing. I am a good hunter.

She unplugged the tank after a week and another check. No heat no air no food!

It was around 3-4 week later she hadn't cleaned out the water yet. I noticed the tank and asked her if I could use it for some guppy fry.

Then when I went to get the plugs out from behind the cabinet I saw something zip through the dark water!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

There was the little guy, a bit thin but very happy to see humans!!

Still going strong, a year and a half later, grew twice as big even and reunited with his friend Cory.

I had a black Kuhli stuck in a log type thing for maybe more than a month/anyway he was missing for a month:eek: Thought he was dead, he was getting big in there!

So be super careful and quadruple check. There will be a skeleton if it died. They are very bony.

So it could be hiding really well.

Back
Top Bottom