Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

missing fish?

I upgraded from a 35 gallon tank to a 78 gallon tank, my new tank cycled fine and moved my fish over, 1 Bala shark (about 8 inches) 3 gourami's 3 tetras and 2 algae eaters. We recently bought 2 clown louches and added them. The first day they hid out but after a day were out swimming together. It's been a week and now I can't find them . I have sand in bottom and a few rocks with crevices, but no sign of them (no floaters) any suggestions?

Old 08-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey9204 View Post
I upgraded from a 35 gallon tank to a 78 gallon tank, my new tank cycled fine and moved my fish over, 1 Bala shark (about 8 inches) 3 gourami's 3 tetras and 2 algae eaters. We recently bought 2 clown louches and added them. The first day they hid out but after a day were out swimming together. It's been a week and now I can't find them . I have sand in bottom and a few rocks with crevices, but no sign of them (no floaters) any suggestions?
Move around your decor a bit, lift them up, they might be stuck under there. You don't want to give them a nudge, for you might squash them if there hiding under them etc :P...
I don't know if i helped at all... Good luck

1 Yellow Electric
HouLiGaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #3

not in the log and moved rocks,,, have one big plastic coral looking rock in back but don't see them there mystery...
Old 08-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

What kind of algae eater? I have golden Chinese algae eaters & I had one that disappeared on me. I took all the caves out, shaking them as I went & set them on the table. One CAE was still in the tank but the other - GONE! I went back to the caves, shook & gently knocked on the one, he had suctioned himself to the inside & would NOT come out. He was out of the water about 15 minutes. To this day he will hide in his cave & is a bugger to get out when I want to re-arrange things. Sorry for the long story. Bottom line of you any decor he can get up inside that's where he could be.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

The algae eaters will dig under the sand under rocks and decorations.

Tags
fish, missing, missing fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com