missing fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chey9204

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I upgraded from a 35 gallon tank to a 78 gallon tank, my new tank cycled fine and moved my fish over, 1 Bala shark (about 8 inches) 3 gourami's 3 tetras and 2 algae eaters. We recently bought 2 clown louches and added them. The first day they hid out but after a day were out swimming together. It's been a week and now I can't find them :ermm:. I have sand in bottom and a few rocks with crevices, but no sign of them (no floaters) any suggestions?

I upgraded from a 35 gallon tank to a 78 gallon tank, my new tank cycled fine and moved my fish over, 1 Bala shark (about 8 inches) 3 gourami's 3 tetras and 2 algae eaters. We recently bought 2 clown louches and added them. The first day they hid out but after a day were out swimming together. It's been a week and now I can't find them :ermm:. I have sand in bottom and a few rocks with crevices, but no sign of them (no floaters) any suggestions?

Move around your decor a bit, lift them up, they might be stuck under there. You don't want to give them a nudge, for you might squash them if there hiding under them etc :p...
I don't know if i helped at all... Good luck

not in the log and moved rocks,,, have one big plastic coral looking rock in back but don't see them there mystery...

What kind of algae eater? I have golden Chinese algae eaters & I had one that disappeared on me. I took all the caves out, shaking them as I went & set them on the table. One CAE was still in the tank but the other - GONE! I went back to the caves, shook & gently knocked on the one, he had suctioned himself to the inside & would NOT come out. He was out of the water about 15 minutes. To this day he will hide in his cave & is a bugger to get out when I want to re-arrange things. Sorry for the long story. Bottom line of you any decor he can get up inside that's where he could be.

The algae eaters will dig under the sand under rocks and decorations.

Back
Top Bottom